There are many great private physiotherapy clinics in Edmonton, Alberta representing a wide variety of approaches and experiences. While the quality of care provided at private physiotherapy clinics in Edmonton has dramatically improved over the last 10 years, I still run into people who are a little bit unsure that the time, energy and money that they are putting into their rehab is optimized.
Myofascial pain syndrome is a chronic pain disorder in which pressure on sensitive points in your muscles (trigger points) cause pain in the muscle as well as referred pain. The syndrome typically occurs after a muscle has been contracted repetitively or associated with stress-related muscle tension.
Sports Physiotherapy is an area in rehabilitation that is specifically concerned with the prevention of injury and the rehabilitation of the patient back to optimum levels of functional, occupational and sports specific fitness, regardless of age and ability. Many professional sports teams have sport specific physiotherapists on their payroll. But when it comes to amateur, city league, college/university, and youth level, most teams have very little rehab support.
1. Review the basics of ultrasound physics and knobology
2. Review sonographic anatomy of shoulder and elbow
3. Review sonographic pathology of shoulder and elbow
1. Provide an overview of tendon anatomy and physiology
2. Review scientific literature on tendon pathology with a focus on Jill Cook’s continuum model of tendon pathology
3. Outline concepts and future directions in the rehabilitation and treatment of tendon pathology
1. Outline the mechanisms of action of NSAIDs and their adverse effects
2. Review the effect of NSAIDs on:
a. Bone healing
b. Tendon healing
c. Ligament healing
1. Define impingement
2. Relevant foot and ankle anatomy
3. Types of ankle impingement
4. Etiology and mechanisms of impingement
5. Diagnosis and imaging modalities
1. Outline the physiology of bone marrow aspirate concentrate and its effect on knee osteoarthritis
2. Review relevant scientific literature on bone marrow aspirate concentrate and knee osteoarthritis
3. Introduce the intraosseous injection technique of BMAC for knee osteoarthritis